At The River 1 Stilbaai – Self Catering Holiday Home
Coastal holiday accommodation in Still Bay almost on the banks of the Goukou River which runs into the Indian ocean. This popular coastal holiday destination is located around the Goukou River estuary along the Garden Route with its remarkable fynbos. In the Hessequa area of the Western Cape Province in South Africa and a paradise for water-sport enthusiasts as well as nature lovers. At the River 1 offers accommodation for 6 people and is one of two units in the same building sharing some of the facilities.
The units can be rented separately or as a whole for larger groups. Both units have access to a balcony with glass balustrades allowing for beautiful views of the river as well as the sea in the distance. Very near to the eel rock fountain where you can observe the daily feeding of the eels, which is in fact one of Still Bay’s many attractions. It is also close to the cement walking trail snaking along the river bank towards the western blue flag beach even as far as the Stilbaai harbour.
Accommodation at At the River 1 – Still Bay
This self-catering holiday rental sleeps 6 guests. There are 3 bedrooms, two with double beds and one with two single beds, each with bed lamps as well as built-in cupboards. The main bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a bath and hand-shower, while the other two rooms share a bathroom with bath and shower.
Then there is the open plan lounge/dining area with an indoor braai/barbecue. This area has a solid wood dining table and chairs as well as other comfortable seating. Also a TV with DStv, a DVD player and a sound system. Wall to wall glass doors open onto the balcony with glass balustrades and chairs offering lovely views of the river. The balcony is one of the shared facilities divided by a glass panel.
The kitchen comes fully equipped for self-catering with a stove and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer as well as a dishwasher. Also a kettle, toaster, crockery, cutlery, glasses, cooking pots and pans, an iron, etc.
Furthermore there is a laundry room containing a washing machine as well as a tumble dryer. This is one of the shared facilities. There is a heated swimming pool and entertainment area at the back of the house which guests also share. For the comfort of guests relaxing around the pool, there is also a small shared bathroom with a toilet and basin at the pool. Each unit has its own outdoor braai/barbecue area, though.
Facilities at At the River 1 – Still Bay
- Bed linen as well as other bedding provided
- Hair dryer
- Indoor as well as outdoor braai/barbecue facilities
- Laundry facilities (shared)
- No smoking indoors
- Parking in one lockable garage
- R1 000 refundable breakage deposit on arrival
- Satellite TV (exclusive DStv)
- Sound system
- Swimming pool – heated with entertainment area and small bathroom with toilet and basin (shared)
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Blue Flag beaches for swimming and sun bathing, surfing in the breakers, scuba diving, as well as windsurfing and body boarding and more
- Goukou River for canoeing, water skiing, fishing, paddling as well as boating
- Fishing in the river as well as rock fishing and deep sea fishing
- Paradise for bird watchers what with the many land as well as sea bird species around
- Hiking trails from gentle strolling along the beach/river to challenging trails such as the Still Bay to Jongensfontein trail along the coast
- Mountain biking trails for the more adventurous and fit
- Whale watching during the winter months when the southern right whales are visiting the South African coastal waters
- Visit the fascinating ancient fish traps
- Peruse the shell middens where the ancient people disposed of their waste
- Visit the Blombos Museum of Archaeology which is accommodated in the Still Bay Tourism Bureau. Obtain full insight on the Blombos cave and the discoveries made such as cave drawings and other interesting artefacts
- Witness the feeding of the eels at the Palinggat (eels rock fountain) and pop in at the Museum while you are there
- Take a walk through the ‘Tuin op die Brak’ indigenous garden on the eastern side of the river
- Visit the cheese-producing farm, Kasselshoop and learn about cheese-making
- Or visit the local gin distillery for a taste of the gin they are very proud of
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course
- Likewise a bowling green with the most striking view over the ocean
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess
- There is also a miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river
Shopping Opportunities and Banks
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale
- Still Bay has available all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets
- The decidedly efficient and competent S A Police Station
- Also the highly responsive and capable NSRI Station (National Sea Rescue Institute)
At the River 1 – Selfsorg vakansiehuis in Stilbaai
Kusvakansieverblyf in Stilbaai omtrent op die oewer van die Goukourivier wat hier in die Indiese oseaan uitmond. Hierdie gewilde seevakansiedorpie is in die Hessequagebied van die Wes-Kaap en so ook op die Tuinroete. At the River 1 bied slaapplek vir tot 6 gaste en is een van twee eenhede in dieselfde gebou, so sekere geriewe word gedeel. Die twee eenhede kan apart of as ‘n geheel gehuur word vir groter groepe.
Akkommodasie by At the River 1 – Stilbaai
Hierdie selfsorg vakansiehuis huisves tot 6 gaste. Daar is 3 slaapkamers, twee met dubbelbeddens en een met twee enkelbeddens, elk met bedlampies en so ook ingeboude kaste. Die hoofkamer het ‘n en-suite badkamer met ‘n bad en handstort. Die ander twee kamers deel ‘n volledige badkamer met ‘n bad en so ook ‘n stort.
Dan is daar die oopplan sit/eetgedeelte met ‘n ingeboude braaiplek. So ook ‘n soliede houttafel met stoele asook gemaklike stoele, ‘n TV, DVD-speler en musieksentrum. Die voorste muur van hierdie vertrek is muur tot muur van glas en loop uit op die gedeelde balkon met ‘n gawe uitsig oor die rivier.
Verder is daar ‘n volledig toegeruste kombuis vir selfsorg met toerusting soos ‘n stoof met oond, yskas/vrieskas en so ook ‘n mikrogolfoond. Ook ‘n skottelgoedwasser, ketel, broodrooster, yster, breekgoed, glase, messegoed, potte en panne, en so meer.
So is daar ook ‘n gedeelde waskamer met ‘n wasmasjien en tuimeldroër. Ook ‘n gedeelde verhitte swembad met onthaalruimte en ‘n klein badkamertjie met ‘n toilet en so ook ‘n wasbakkie. Elke eenheid het wel ‘n eie braaiplek.
Geriewe by At the River 1 – Stilbaai
- Bedlinne en so ook ander beddegoed word voorsien
- Binne- en so ook buitebraaigeriewe
- Gedeelde verhitte swembad, ruim onthaalruimte en so ook ‘n klein badkamertjie met toilet en handewasbakkie
- Gedeelde waskamer met wasgoedgeriewe
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Parkering in een toesluitbare motorhuis
- R1 000 terugbetaalbare deposito vir breekskade by aankoms betaalbaar
- Satelliet TV (eksklusiewe DStv)