Knysna Photo Tours
Knysna Photo Tours
Photographers, join Knysna Photo Tours for various opportunities to capture incredible and priceless memories. Explore Knysna and surrounding areas under their expert guidance. Experience the natural beauty of the Garden Route through the lens of your camera. Let the professionals share their vast knowledge and photographic skills with you. That way you will not take mere pictures, but you will create masterpieces.
Their motto is ‘Let’s chase the light’, and chasing the light is what they do…inviting you to chase it too.
About Knysna Photo Tours
Knysna Photo Tours is the brain-child of award winning international photographer, Andrew Aveley. He is a qualified Tour Guide, registered Professional photographer as well as a proud Knysna Tourism Ambassador. With his passion for the outdoors as well as his keen eye for compositions and photographic moments, Andrew makes for the perfect guide to help you create visual memories.
Knysna Photo Tours cater for all levels of photographers. Their guides are all registered photography professionals as well as qualified tour guides.
They offer Packages for photographers to spend a weekend in the company of Knysna Photo Tours, enjoying some photo-shooting in and around Knysna.
Knysna Photo Tours Services
- Camera Hire – For those in a group without a camera, they offer Canon Powershot cameras which you can hire for your tour. You get to keep the free SD memory card to store your images. They also have a VINTAGE 35mm SLR camera for hire. It comes with a roll of colour or black & white film.
- Photography Training – They train photographers of all ages as well as levels. Their training programmes include Basic photography skills and crafts; Introduction to SAFARI photography; and Wildlife & Landscape photography.
- Image Development – Let the professional developers take care of your images. They can make them ready for print (canvases or photo-books) as well as your social media streams such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Private Photo Guide – they offer a special service for those photographers wishing to follow their own itinerary in their own time, in and around Knysna.
Terra Firma Photo Tours
- Forests and Industries – a fascinating tour of indigenous forests and timber industry and Craft Brewery, teaching you about the local industry. Also allowing you to create your own unique images.
- Woodcutters Trail – you get to follow the original woodcutters trail paths allowing for close-up shots of forest life, fungus, mushrooms, ferns, a natural river and pools.
- Spitskop Sunset – this photographic tour takes you to Spitskop, the highest accessible peak in the Knysna area (918 m). Thus providing the photographer with 360 degree panoramic views of stunning photo opportunities.
- Knysna Heads Photo Walk – visiting the Heads offers you the opportunity to capture these iconic and magical Knysna Heads through the lens of your camera in the early morning light. An experience beyond words.
- Film Photography – Andrew specialises in Black & White photography. You might want to join him using one of their authentic film cameras with either a 35mm or 50mm lens. One roll of 36 exposures is included, with the option, of course of colour or black & white.
- The Seven Passes – the old 75 km long route between Knysna and George crossing ten rivers as well as seven gorges completed in 1883. Imagine the exciting and also authentic images that you can capture along that route!
Marine Photo Tours
- The Whale Tail – ever wanted to capture your own close-up image of a Southern Right whale? (Noorkapper walvis) In partnership with the whale watching company, Ocean Odyssey, Knysna Photo Tours can make this secret dream a spectacular reality.
- Eco Marine Tour – in partnership with Knysna Rib Adventure, an extreme offshore adventure company, they will take you on a marine tour, visiting caves and marine life around the Heads. Moreover, Andrew will be your marine tour photo guide as well as offer you personal tuition at every sight.
- Great White Sharks – join them on a 30ft custom built vessel for a most exhilarating sight: a predation of great white sharks. Don’t be too thrilled to capture the action for posterity!
Knysna Photo Tours vir Fotografiese Avontuur
Hierdie besigheid is die breinkind van Andrew Aveley, internasionale fotograaf en pryswenner. Hy kombineer sy liefde vir die natuur, uitmuntende kennis van fotografie en sy passie vir Knysna om vir die fotograaf iets spesiaals aan te bied. Hy is ‘n gekwalifiseerde Toergids, geregistreerde Professionele Fotograaf en so ook ‘n trotse Toerisme Ambassadeur vir Knysna.
Knysna Photo Tours bied verskeie toere aan wat fotograwe na verskillende plekke in Knysna en omgewing neem. So kry hulle die geleentheid om unieke skote te neem van plekke en situasies waarin hulle andersinds nooit sou kom nie.
Hulle hanteer fotograwe van alle ouderdomme en vlakke van kennis van fotografie. Al hulle gidse is professionele fotograwe en so ook opgeleide toergidse.
Hulle bied dienste aan soos die verhuur van kameras, asok fotografiese opleiding. So ook die ontwikkeling en voorbereiding van foto’s en digitale beelde en die voorsiening van ‘n privaat fotografiese gids vir diegene wat sy eie ding wil doen.
Andrew Aveley, Award Winning International Photographer
Cell: 082 452 2795